It was quite a first week for our little book. The launch party in New York was a great success, with good company, good music, good food, and a good bit of money raised for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. In its first week of release, Gone to Amerikay got great reviews, great responses from fans, and cracked the Diamond top 50 Graphic Novels list for the month of March. Some highlights are below.
* Ain't It Cool News gave Gone to Amerikay what can only be described as a rave review.
* Page 45 kind of liked it too.
* Vertigo editor Karen Berger posted some of Colleen's unpublished sample art (a piece I'd completely forgotten existed) and my historical notes (which got cut from the book for space).
* We got a great plug in the Pogues forum!
* Comics Bulletin, the site of GTA's very first review, ran interviews with both Colleen and me.
* CBLDF ran an article about the book launch, with many photos. Photographer Paul Flannelly has put up a page of photos from the event as well..
* Ten lucky winners got free copies of Gone to Amerikay from Goodreads. Congratulations to them! Hope you all like the book.
* The Irish Sunday Times ran a big article on GTA!
* Largehearted Boy ran a "Book Notes" column by me. This is where an author describes a "soundtrack" for their book. In my case, I discussed all the songs that are quoted in Gone to Amerikay, and select versions of each for your listening pleasure.
* I did a podcast interview with Comic Geek Speak.
* A store in Northampton, MA, is doing a book club night for GTA on April 26!
* And, last, there was an article about the GTA book launch in The Irish Echo.
I think that's everything. And if it isn't everything, it's enough for now!